Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25

Thread: Injectors rated different duty cycles? RC vs. Veno

  1. #11
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I think RC would be the place to go. They document so much of the before and after capabilities and condition of the injectors (including strobe photos!) that they have no room for BS.

    It's only $30/injector I think.

    Along the same line, I think you can trust that new RC injectors are well balanced and at the flow rate claimed.

    Greg

  2. #12
    Inactive Member MDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2000
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I hear ya man ... but there is a limit as to how much boost u can safely delivery enough fuel to with smaller injectors and just extra fuel pressure ...

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Marc's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 11th, 1999
    Posts
    795
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Holden,

    I wouldn't put too much stock into the Honda builders handbook. It was cowritten by Russ Collins (the RC in RC Engineering). Most injectors (not just Honda) are not designed for extreme pressures such as 90 psi. Remember the correct fuel pressure for our Hondas is 26-48 psi depending on the engine. Laser Disc injectors are designed with high rpm and output in mind. These injectors are ideal for NASCAR racing where the engine is constantly at WOT turning nearly 8000 rpm.

    I've heard good things about Venom injectors and I'm thinking about getting a set for myself.

    RC injectors.....well let's just say I'll look at everything else first.


    ------------------
    Marc
    1997 Civic EX, Supercharged

    [This message has been edited by Marc (edited September 14, 2000).]

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Bigkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 1999
    Posts
    601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    RC is rated at 80 duty cycle(not sure with Venom). OEM Honda rates at 100% duty cycle, but most injectors are taxed above 80%.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member sjoback's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 5th, 1999
    Posts
    503
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    so a 240cc from RC is capable of more flow than the 235/240cc stock honda injector, correct?

    I thought it was the other way around. just want to be sure here....

    [This message has been edited by sjoback (edited September 13, 2000).]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member MDA's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18th, 2000
    Posts
    227
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A 240 RC injector (disc type) will NOT work as well as a 240 Honda (which is a Pintal style) injector... Venom makes Pintal injectors...

  7. #17
    Inactive Member SteveW's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 28th, 1999
    Posts
    300
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Venom might be the way to go. But if is true that some have differing flow rates even if they are supposedly the same flow rate, that would be bad. That is why I wanted to find somewhere to flow test and document them. Maybe Venom should start doing all the same testing too.

    Steve

    [This message has been edited by SteveW (edited September 14, 2000).]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member blowncivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 26th, 2000
    Posts
    508
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Anyone know who does matched flow testing on the Venom injectors? How much? Tom

    ------------------
    '92 Civic Si H/B (D16Z6) w/JRSC @ 6psi, J&S Safeguard, Fields SFC, Slater CAI, DC 4-2-1 header, custom 2.5" B-pipe, Tenzo-R muffler, Cartech FMU, B&M CommandFlo FPR, a grindin' 2nd gear and a bunch of knock...

  9. #19
    Senior Hostboard Member rjaffey's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 16th, 1999
    Posts
    764
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Python (Venom) does on their custom sized injectors, but that's at 40psi. 70 or 80psi is another story. Python tests them at 80psi to be sure they function and don't leak, but I'm not sure that they actually test the flow rate at that pressure. I'm looking into it.

    Does anyone know if RC actually flow tests their injectors at high pressures?

    As SteveW suggested, we might have to rely on 3rd parties to get the information we're after here.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member SEFI8LO's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 26th, 2000
    Posts
    68
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    What's weird is I had a set of 720 RC lucas injectors that failed. When i sent em in, they said they werent making 720 in lucas sytle anymore and sent me 720 bosch. I wonder why?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •